Saturday, September 13, 2014

Welcome to a new adventure!


Bravo and I arrived in Charleston today. I'm going to try to write here more frequently as we get started on our new life.

The last 5 days have been busy:
  • watched the packers box everything up on Monday, and cleared out all the leftover food with Jason's help
  • had dinner with Jason and Gaea (they've now gotten me to eat both Mexican and Indian in the last 6 months - by giving me no choice, basically. Thanks, guys! No, I don't mean that sarcastically)
  • got my car fixed on Tuesday while the movers were loading up everything. This was important as it meant I had cruise control for the 20+ hour drive.
  • vacuumed the entire house and cleaned the refrigerator
  • packed up the car and drove to Baraboo
  • spent Wednesday with Karis - met Curry the baby Sarus crane, went to see Lark and introduced him to Bravo, hiked at Devil's Lake
  • Thursday we drove from Baraboo to Indianapolis and played in the 100 Acre Park at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Saw Funky Bones (from The Fault In Our Stars).
  • found out the reservation for that night was actually in Cincinnati instead of Indianapolis, so didn't actually get settled until after 9 that night
  • drove to Montreat, NC on Friday, arriving in a rainstorm. Managed a walk down to Lake Susan around 9 pm during a break in the storm
  • took another walk around Montreat this morning for about an hour before heading out for the last 4 1/2 hours of driving
  • took Bravo for his first walk in the 90-degree heat this afternoon
  • unpacked the car and realized that a large portion of what I brought isn't needed in our rental and will have to be put in storage
The rental house is really cute. I love the Charleston style with a side porch and back screened porch. We definitely did not need to bring really anything other than clothes, so much will go into storage. It's a small house, so will be a good exercise in minimalist living. 

I've arrived at the end of Restaurant Week, so maybe I'll write about that tomorrow. For now, I should go find space for some more stuff I brought, but don't really need...

No comments:

Post a Comment